We would love if you could attend our monthly training events!

We host a training event the 2nd Tuesday of every month from 6:30pm to 8pm. We meet at Johnson County REMC located at 750 International Drive, Franklin, IN, 46131. Please click here to get directions through Google Maps.

We do have a couple of exceptions to our regular Tuesday meetings due to Rally Events or Holidays. The date may change, but the time and location will remain the same unless otherwise noted.

Our Upcoming Meeting Dates are:
- Tuesday, April 13th
- Tuesday, May 11th
- Tuesday, June 8th
- Tuesday, July 27th
- Tuesday, August 10th


We're Here to Help You!

Please submit your question or comment and one of the Jewelers on the Leadership Team will respond. If you would like to be notified when someone responds please be sure to include your email address.

Your Name
Your Email Address
Subject
Message

Powered byEMF HTML Forms

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Testimonial by Jenny Rouse

Jenny Rouse has been in Premier for 14 months. She gave a great testimonial during tonight's monthly training and had nearly everyone teary eyed by the end of her story. Jenny has been kind enough to let us share her story on this blog.

--
"I came into Premier in February of 2009. One week after my sons 1st Birthday. Before joining Premier I was a corporate accountant for a Property Management Company in Indianapolis…and I was miserable. I went to school for 5 years, had a Master degree in accounting, and was destined to climb the corporate ladder (at least that is what everyone expected of me). But only a few rungs up I realized that in order to climb further I had to do a lot of things that compromised my values and beliefs.

Let’s back up to my very first day in my first job out of college. I went to lunch with the managing partner of the firm and he told me that there are three things in a person’s life…faith, family, and their career, and that no one thing should be above the other. In my head I was thinking “what have I gotten myself into?” Never will my career be as important as my God and my family.

For 5 years I did what was expected of me, and I worked toward obtaining prestige and all those material possessions that so many people equate to success. And I was miserable. Once my son, Jacob, came into our lives I was constantly wracked with guilt over how much time I spent away from him each day; so much so that I never went out with friends anymore or even on dates with my husband. I spent 12 hours a day, 5 days a week away from my son. Even counting weekends the daycare workers spent more waking hours with my son than I did.

When my girlfriend invited me to her jewelry party, I said no. I have to stay home with my son. At this point Jacob was about 8 months old and I had never gone out without him and my girlfriends were dead set on getting me out of the house. Even my husband was practically shoving me out the door...or maybe that was God’s hand giving me a gentle nudge. At that jewelry party this fabulously fun and charismatic lady named Natalie gave me a packet of information about the Premier Opportunity. And when I saw that Stay at Home Mom pamphlet it clicked for me that that was my true calling. I was put on this earth to love and care for my family and Premier was going to be my tool to get there.

Over the next year I firmly planted one foot in Premier and one foot in the Corporate World. And then I started to lean a little bit more back into my Corporate world because I was afraid of letting go of the security, but even more so...I was afraid of what people would think. I was a failure because I was not working in the field I had gone to school for. When I told my family that I was thinking of quitting Premier they said, good.

Then I came across this quote, “We spend our lives creating who we are, reaching to be the best self we can imagine. Our children don’t end that mission; they recharge it and help us redefine it.” That is what Premier has done for me. It has helped me redefine my mission. Faith and Family have always come first in my heart and now Premier has let them come first in my LIFE! I am quitting my job to stay home with my 2 year old baby boy and to care for my family and that would not be possible without Premier.

Now I measure success by happiness and based on that measurement I am an extremely successful woman."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Interested in becoming a Jewelry Lady?

Are you interested in becoming a Premier Designs Jewelry Lady? Submit this form and someone will contact you with more information.

Your Name
Your Email Address
Your Phone Number
What would you like to do?

Have you already talked to a Premier Jewelry Lady?

If yes, what is her name?

Powered byEMF Web Forms